Thursday 5 February 2009

Welcome

Hello and welcome to Fashionkind. I decided to start this blog because I am interested in ethical fashion and spend a lot of time trying to source guilt-free clothing for myself. I think there is a lack of resources out there so I thought I would write about my finds in case anyone else is interested.

I think everyone's take on "ethical" is different and what's ok by me may not be ok by you, for me it includes fair trade clothing, organic clothing, secondhand and vintage clothing, DIY and refashioned clothing, the list goes on! As consumers it's important to realise that we do have options. At a time where everyone is tightening their belts it's important to let clothing manufacturers know there is still a demand for ethically produced clothing and indeed I believe it is even more important to shop wisely and invest in clothing that is good for the planet, good for the people who produced it, and that you will enjoy for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment